Mr. Franz Bonsang has been practicing in the field of Intellectual Property since 1996. Μr. Bonsang is both a Registered Canadian Patent Agent and a Registered U.S. Patent Agent.
Mr. Bonsang provides intellectual property services for a variety of Canadian and foreign clients, including high tech industries, small and medium-sized businesses as well as independent inventors. Mr. Bonsang drafts, files and prosecutes patent applications for inventions in Canada, the US and at the International PCT level as a registered Canadian and US patent agent as well as other jurisdiction by way of foreign associates. Mr. Bonsang also provides his clients with patentability searches and opinions as well as validity, infringement and freedom-to-operate opinions. Moreover, he provides IP portfolio management and strategic patent and technology counselling services. Mr. Bonsang assists clients in protecting inventions in a variety of areas such as:
- aerospace engineering (satellite antennas)
- energy sources (centrifuge, electromagnetic and electrostatic engines, generators, wind turbines)
- transports (trains, automobiles)
- sports (fitness equipment, skates)
- telecom (GPS)
- factories (air-lifting system, clothes)
- mining (roller filter, decontamination)
- structural support systems (scaffolding, assembly systems)
- buildings (insulating structures, air conditioning, heating and cooling systems)
- medical devices (surgery tools, ear plugs)
- materials (Montreal Olympic Stadium™ Roof), etc.
Mr. Bonsang has over 12 years of experience in the high technology aerospace industry (SPAR AEROSPACE LTD, EMS Technologies Canada Ltd, now MDA Corporation). He has worked on many satellite projects and other space vehicles, in relationship with partners like NASA, GE, Lockheed-Martin, Alcatel Alenia Space, Centre national d’études spatiales of France and the Canadian Space Agency. Mr. Bonsang has extensive experience in analyses and tests on components and systems related to thermal, structure, design and radiations. He also worked, at different levels on design, analyses and in vacuum thermal testing (David Florida Laboratories, DFL, Ottawa among others) on many antennas and electronic repeater units of various satellites(Anik-E, M-SAT, Télécom 2 (France), EOS-AM, TERRA, etc.), as well as the International Space Station (ISS –Mobile Servicing System (Robotic arm Canadarm 2), S- and Ku-band communication antennas).